APPLICATION WINDOW IS OPEN JULY 15, 2021 TO SEPTEMBER 15, 2021
The Sugarloaf Chapter of The Ninety-Nines, Inc. is offering a minimum of three scholarships to a maximum of six scholarships with a total value of $4,500. The maximum amount per scholarship is $1,500. These scholarships are awarded in honor the “small but mighty” Sugarloaf 99’s chapter, who provides inspiration and support to fellow aviatrix of our chapter and section to help them pursue their aviation related goals. Funds may be used for any phase of flight training (initial pilot through ATP including instrument, instructor, or other ratings), checkride fees, written exam fees, academic work related to aviation, air racing, charity flying, or any other reasonable flying related activity. Eligible applicants include students or full members of the the Mid-Atlantic Region of The Ninety-Nines, Inc. that have been a member of International and the Section for at least 90 days by the application deadline date.
(1) Must be 16 years or older to apply
(2) Mentor: Initial Certificate and Instrument Rating require a mentor that is also part of the section to be identified. The applicant and mentor must both agree to report on progress monthly to the Sugarloaf Scholarship Chair.
(3) Funds will be paid to the vendor directly or reimbursed to the applicant at the discretion of the Sugarloaf Scholarship Committee after receipt of evidence achieving specific milestone(s), expense receipts, or other criteria agreed upon at the time of award notification.
(4) Any activity that funds are requested for can be started but may not be completed prior to the application deadline. If the activity is completed prior to the awarding of the scholarships you are still eligible as long as you inform the scholarship committee of your progress (ie. don’t stop training to see if you win).
(5) Funds must be requested on or before October 31, 2022. Any remaining funds not requested by this date will be returned to the Sugarloaf 99s scholarship fund to use for a future scholarship.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 11:59 PM EASTERN ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2021
Questions may be directed to Chair@sugarloaf99s.org